Pages

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Amongst other more random entries you will find information about any current exhibitions where you can see my work, together with details of forthcoming life drawing and/or painting classes that I teach.

If you would like to know more about me my website has more biographical information and a large selection of images of my artwork.

Saturday 28 May 2011

'Whats occurin' - forthcoming exhibitions.

Excuse the qwerky heading - if you are a fan of 'Gavin and Stacey' like me you'll understand.

If you live close to me in Leamington Spa there is one of my paintings hanging in the Leamington Spa Art Gallery 'Open Exhibition' until June 11th. As with all 'Opens' it is a 'curates egg' (eg. good in parts). There seems to have been a policy of choosing examples of every medium regardless of their quality - but there are a good number of interesting works which make a visit worthwhile.

The Shadowside

 I am forging ever stronger links with a gallery in Bath called 'Bo-lee'. Jemma Hickman, whose started the gallery at the peak of the recession, is indefatigable. Many of the more established galleries had become lazy during the halcyon days of the boom with all its city bonuses and haven't coped very well with the harsher economic climate and some have 'gone to the wall'. Jemma with her youth,energy and vision is gradually establishing a reputation for high quality, challenging figurative art in all media. I am confident that in future the gallery will be a leader of the new wave of younger galleries after the 'cull' created by the recession.

Above is an example of one of my new paintings centered on the 'Unidentifiable Object' (see previous blogs below) will be included in a group show entitled 'The Shadowside' in London. For details of the exhibition click here

No comments: