Pages

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Amongst other more random entries you will find information about any current exhibitions where you can see my work, together with details of forthcoming life drawing and/or painting classes that I teach.

If you would like to know more about me my website has more biographical information and a large selection of images of my artwork.

Sunday 18 March 2012

Pressure - art and life

'Pressure'  by Neil Moore 31.5 x 31.5cms Oil on canvas 2012
I had thought that as I got older life would perhaps be a little easier but in many ways the opposite is true. I seem to have accumulated more and more responsibilities as well as possessions. Experience helps in handling the responsibilities and I can just about cope, - but as to 'stuff', I begin to wonder whether I own things or it is they that own me. Usually I can retreat from the vicissitudes of reality into the 'therapy' room - my studio. Latterly my home has had to undergo some major surgery and even this solace was denied me for a while. The little painting above was painted prior to the builders shattering the relative peace of my life and, presciently, is entitled 'Pressure'.

For those of you who enjoy my life drawing and painting classes I have news of forthcoming opportunities. I am taking bookings now for a life drawing workshop on saturday 5th May  and a single pose life painting day on saturday 2nd June. If you are quick there may be also be a space in my weekly thursday evening life drawing class next term. Please contact me if you would like to book or require further information.

No comments: