Pages

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Amongst other more random entries you will find information about any current exhibitions where you can see my work, together with details of forthcoming life drawing and/or painting classes that I teach.

If you would like to know more about me my website has more biographical information and a large selection of images of my artwork.

Sunday 27 May 2012

East West - where to see my work currently

 'Contradiction' oil on canvas, 81.5 x 91.5cms
If you are in London I have some of my paintings in a show of gallery artists at East West until the 3rd. June. East West gallery, who have exhibited my work since 1995, will be relocating and this is their last exhibition at 214, Kensington Park Rd., W11 1NR (Tel. David Solomon, the gallery director for details of opening times, 0207 229 7981 - now is a good time to buy from them as they are reducing stock prices from May 26th to the 3rd June). Included is the image above 'Contradiction' from a series of works that I painted playing with the ridiculous idea of picturing noise. An expression of the frustration and futility of not being listened to, being misunderstood. An idea that I can trace back to a painting I did in the early 80's of a figure beating a drum with a feather. Rather disappointingly when I found a swan primary feather big enough to contribute visually it actually made quite a noise when you struck the drum with it. C'est la vie.


'Implosion' oil on canvas, 27.5 x 23.5cms.

More locally, I have some recent paintings, including the one above, in the A.M.A. (Assoc. of  Midland Artists) show at Fosters Gallery. Fosters Gallery is at 35, Grennhill St., Stratford upon Avon, CV37 6LE and the exhibition continues until mid June.

No comments: