Pages

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Amongst other more random entries you will find information about any current exhibitions where you can see my work, together with details of forthcoming life drawing and/or painting classes that I teach.

If you would like to know more about me my website has more biographical information and a large selection of images of my artwork.

Monday 5 September 2011

Life Drawing and Painting Opportunities in Warwickshire

Drawing and painting a naked figure could be considered a worrying use of someone's time, but to the initiated, who have experienced the trials and tribulations of tackling this challenging task, no justification is required. To my knowledge no one has yet devised a better, and more enjoyable way, of aquiring the heightened visual awareness that is a prerequisite of all visual art practice.

'Life' work has fallen out of favour with many art colleges and consequently young teachers of life drawing aren't coming through. It befalls older artists, like me, who have always valued it's essential benefits to carry the 'torch' for life drawing and painting. I teach monthly day workshops (usually on the first saturday of the month) and a regular weekly evening class.

I am taking bookings now for these Saturday Workshops - the 1st October which is a Life Drawing day, and for the 5th November which is a Life Painting day . The saturday workshops are held in the fully equipped art studio at Shottery Memorial Hall. They begin at 10am and finish at 4pm and the cost is £40 for the day (paper and light refreshments included).

The life drawing evening classes are held in central Leamington on thursday evenings from 6.15 to 8.15pm. The cost works out at £12 per class,  so this coming term (12 weeks ) it will be £144.

All classes must be booked and paid for in advance. Please contact me by clicking on the link below if you would like to book or require further information therealneilmoore@googlemail.com

No comments: